Emily Kalinowski ’19
With Halloween approaching, here are a few fun things to get you in the spirit!
– Banes Apple Valley Farm is open Monday-Saturday from 7AM to 7PM, and on Sundays from 10AM from 6PM. Here you can find all of your favorite seasonal foods, such as caramel apples, donuts, and even apple cider. You will also have an opportunity to check out their bakery and cider mill. Banes Apple Valley Farm is located on Midland Rd in Freeland.
– Nouvel will also be having their annual Halloween Dance, which will be held on October 27th and will run from 8PM-10PM. Costumes are not required to attend although prizes will be given out to those with the best costumes. Tickets are $2 and will be sold Tuesday the 23rd, Wednesday the 24th, and Thursday the 25th in the cafeteria. No tickets will be sold at the door and remember to fill out a guest form if you are planning to bring a guest.
– In addition, there will be a Haunted Train Ride and Haunted House at Roethke Park on Leddy Rd. These events will take place on October 24thand 25th. To go into either the haunted house or on the train, the price is six dollars, and if you wish to do both, the price will be ten dollars. There will also be concessions sold outside the attractions.
– The Gore Grounds/ Haunted Elementary, located on Venoy Rd in Saginaw, hosts multiple Halloween themed events. The two most popular events, the Haunted Elementary and Blackout, will be open various days in October and November. The Haunted Elementary will be open Fridays and Saturdays from 8PM to Midnight as well as Sundays and Thursdays from 8PM to 10PM. The Blackout will take place on November 9thand 10thfrom 8PM to Midnight.
– You can also check out Leeman’s Applebarn on River Rd (in Freeland), for fresh baked goods and apple cider! They will be open Monday-Saturday from 9AM to 7PM ($2 admission), and on Sundays from 10AM to 7PM ($6 admission). A few events for Monday through Saturday include the corn maze and putt-putt golf. The events for Sundays include those of Monday-Saturday, however, the hayride and scavenger hunt will also be open. Dog Days, also hosted at Leeman’s, is on October 26thand will run from 4PM to 7PM, in which you will have an opportunity to take your pet on a hayride, take part in an animal costume contest, and much more!
-Although they’re open all year, Xscape Quest escape rooms are perfect for getting ready for Halloween! With escape rooms such as Area51 and Happy Death Day. Xscape Quest allows groups up to 8 people to complete a series of puzzles, codes, and riddles to find the truth and escape the room within 60 minutes. The cost to play is $25 per person, and is located on Bay Road in Saginaw.