All over the world, families and friends have different traditions and festivities for ringing in the new year. Here are a few generic events and local events you can take part in this New Year’s:
- go to/host a New Year’s Eve party with your friends and/or family
- watch a fireworks show
- watch the Big Apple ball drop
- go out to dinner with your friends/family
- attend a watchnight service
Dow Diamond (825 E. Main St. in Midland)
8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
There will be live music, food, fireworks, and a midnight ball drop.
- Ice Skating into the new year
Bay County Civic Ice Arena (4231 Shrestha in Bay City)
5 p.m.-1 a.m.
Dow Diamond will host an open skate, accompanied by skating games, and movies.
- Frankenmuth’s Annual New Year’s Eve Celebration
Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge (1 Covered bridge Ln)
There will be lots of food, a countdown to the New Year, kid’s activities, and party favors.
- Owasso’s New Year’s Eve Party (on the corner or Jerome St. and Washington
St. in Downtown Owasso)
8 p.m.- 1 a.m.
There will be a photo booth, fireworks, a ball drop, live entertainment, party favors, dancing, and kid’s activities.